Patience; the new endurance sport.

April 28, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesLuzylew's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

UT,

Dec 31, 2007

Female

Goal Type:

Marathon Finish

Running Accomplishments:

I ran my first marathon as a teenager in 1981 with my Dad (The Coronado Marathon). Since then I've run St, George (3x) Utah Valley (3x) Ogden (1 full, 2 halves) Park City (1 x) Boston Marathon (1x) Washington DC (1x) Moab Half Marathon (6x) ,Ye Old Freedom Festival 5 & 10K (a million x) and many others.

But I'm all done with that now.  I'm officially a jogger.

Short-Term Running Goals:

My running goal is to keep on keepin' on.

Long-Term Running Goals:

Jog into the sunset.

Personal:

I like being outside.

Favorite Blogs:

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Saucony ProGrid V Lifetime Miles: 479.51
Saucony Ride Lifetime Miles: 841.34
Saucony Tangent Lifetime Miles: 150.93
Saucony Ride Lifetime Miles: 307.50
Slow milesFast milesTotal Distance

8:38/8:51/8:56/8:51/8:34/9:15/9:18/9:18/9:54/10:04/10:05/10:03/10:21/9:15/9:03

Why strive for negative spits, when you can strive for POSITIVE splits?!  I think that's the way to go.  Why all the negativity?  Catherine came to join me for the first 8.  She's been tempo-ing her little heart out. Without me as 41 year old deadweight around her neck, she's starting to figure out how to run FAST.  It's awesome.  She ran her first marathon at 22, and is just now seasoned enough to really turn up the volume.  It's fun to see her improve and how excited she is to do well.  She's going to have a great year.  She hates getting up early, and it was so gratifying, that once down at the pier, with the lake so high and still like mirrored glass ( pink and blue like the pre dawn sky), she turns to me and says "Ok, Ok, it's worth it."  I know only old people get up this early, but I always feel like it's a secret part of the day only I get to  have.  The most perfect part--when dawn is still  and full of promise, confident, and more lovely than anything the world has to offer when everyone else is awake and using up her energy and light.

Saucony ProGrid V Miles: 14.50
Comments
From sarah on Mon, May 18, 2009 at 16:34:26 from 192.168.1.1

you are so funny Luz!! That's right..let's me more positive in our running. ;)

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Lone Faithfuls
(need a comment):
Recent Comments: